https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Chicken-with-Puy-lentils-lemon-and-herbs.jpg 404 940 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2020-01-24 19:02:222020-05-15 23:47:37Chicken with Puy lentils, lemon and herbs
The perfect nutritious, filling meal. This dish pairs chicken breast with cholesterol-blasting, peppery puy lentils seasoned with lemon, garlic and parsley.
Chicken with Puy lentils, lemon and herbs
- chicken stock 650ml
- Puy lentils 100g
- olive oil
- chicken breasts 2 skin on
- garlic 2 cloves finely chopped
- lemon 1 juice and zest
- parsley a small bunch roughly chopped
- STEP 1
- Put 500ml of the chicken stock into a pan. Add the lentils and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Put the chicken breasts in skin-side down and cook until the skin is golden brown. Turn over and cook for 5-6 minutes add the garlic to the pan, stir for a minute, then add the rest of the stock, lemon juice and zest and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the lentils and toss through the parsley. Slice the chicken and serve on a bed of lentils with the pan juices spooned over.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com