Hot paprika chicken kebabs with grilled pineapple
- 1 tbsp hot-smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 skinless chicken thigh fillets cut into 3 cm chunks
- a large handful mint leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 or 2 red chillies sliced
- cooked basmati rice to serve
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 ripe pineapple peeled and cut into thick round slices
- Light the barbecue. Combine the paprika, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with some salt. Mix to a paste and combine with the diced chicken, mixing well. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Combine the sugar and lime juice in a large bowl. Add the pineapple slices and mix well, making sure every slice is coated.
- Barbecue the pineapple slices until lightly charred on both sides. Once cool enough to handle, dice the flesh, discarding the tough cores
- Put the chicken meat onto six skewers and cook over direct heat for 20-25 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through and lightly charred at the edges.
- Top the pineapple with the mint, sesame seeds and red chillies. Serve with the chicken and rice.