https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Rich-tomato-and-thyme-soup.jpg 404 940 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2020-01-20 16:32:192020-05-15 23:47:29Rich tomato and thyme soup
Perfect for blowing the cobwebs away, this warming soup features plum tomatoes, carrot and thyme. Finish by stirring through crème fraîche and serve with plenty of crusty bread.
Rich tomato and thyme soup
- onion 1 roughly chopped
- garlic 2 cloves crushed
- carrot 1 diced
- olive oil
- thyme leaves from 2 sprigs
- chicken or vegetable stock 750ml
- plum tomatoes 2 × 400g tins
- tomato purée 1 tbsp
- half-fat crème fraîche ½ 200g tub
- STEP 1
- Cook the onion, garlic and carrot in 1 tbsp oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, stock, tomatoes and tomato purée, and simmer for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the crème fraîche and serve.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com