The Isagenix Family
Isagenix is the perfect compliment to your busy, healthy lifestyle. It is an all natural organic health system that Bob and I swear by. Isagenix has completely transformation our lives and hundreds of our clients also. Our energy went through the roof, we lost our destructive cravings, and complimenting Isagenix with weekly work-outs creates lean muscle, and best of all it gives me freedom from shopping and cooking all my meals. It’s not a magic or a get thin quick pill, it’s a tool of perfect nutrients that when used daily offers life changing results. The reasons We chose Isagenix are endless and I only wish We had found and shared it sooner.
Cleanse & Health Products
The Science Behind Isagenix
Behind any great health-and-wellness company, there have to be great products. And behind those great products, there has to be an experienced yet forward-thinking team of knowledgeable and skilled experts. Isagenix is no exception to this rule.
Scientists at Isagenix work tirelessly to research and develop product formulas based on the most advanced scientific findings and technologies to provide you with the safest and most effective product solutions delivering optimal benefits.
Isagenix Research and Development couldn’t happen without the QRTS department (QRTS stands for Quality, Regulatory, Technology, and Science), which consists of numerous scientists—including nutritionists, dietitians, food scientists, chemists, organic chemists, microbiologists, toxicologists, and biologists. Through the collaboration of John Anderson, Isagenix Founder and Product B™ Formula Developer, expertise from health professionals on our Scientific Advisory Board, and esteemed scientists at highly respected universities, we ensure that “real results” are at the heart of every product.
When Isagenix Founder and Product B™ Formula Developer, John Anderson, started this company with Jim & Kathy Coover, he knew that if it was to become a world leader in health and wellness, it would take no-compromise products. With the leadership of renowned scientist, Suk Cho, Ph.D., along with our dedicated Scientific Advisory Board, and numerous respected health professionals, Isagenix ensures that every product follows a detailed multi-step process to meet the standards of our quality Ingredient Policy. Together, the company creates leading-edge products that are innovative, backed by science, safe, and effective.
Research & Science
The Isagenix Research and Science Team is responsible for spearheading clinical research on Isagenix products, reviewing evidence-based literature to substantiate product claims, and contributing innovative ideas for product development.
Comprised of nutritionists and registered dietitians, the R&S team heads up the discussions at Isagenix about health and nutrition. They are in constant communication with John Anderson, the Isagenix Scientific Advisory Board, and respected scientists who are experts in their fields to analyze the latest in scientific research. Through collaboration and review of scientific literature, the R&S team helps ensure that Isagenix products continue to undergo developments that are representative of the latest that science has to offer for living a life in optimal health.
The team also contributes to evidence-based nutrition research by partnering with several well-respected universities in funding and conducting clinical studies. These include University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), Arizona State University, University of Maryland, Skidmore College, University of Colorado, and more. For example, UIC conducted a clinical study involving Isagenix products that was published in two peer-reviewed journals (Nutrition Journal and Nutrition & Metabolism). The study serves as clinical substantiation for Isagenix systems for healthy weight loss and also adds to advance our understanding of the relationship between diet, nutrition and health.
While keeping an ear to the ground for the latest developments in nutritional science, the R&S team also devotes time to communicating new scientific developments to Isagenix Associates through events, podcasts, and articles found at IsagenixHealth.net.
The process of developing and launching new products around the world can be broken down into four phases:
- Discovery: Before a product is formulated, hundreds of hours go into investigating the latest scientific evidence on ingredients, dosage, effectiveness, and safety. Together, the scientists in the QRTS department identify how various ingredients work synergistically in new, innovative products to benefit various aspects of health.
- Feasibility: The feasibility of a product is determined by evaluating whether there’s a sustainable supply chain, how a product tests with consumers, what novel delivery systems are available, and what market and cultural preferences there are relative to a product.
- Development: When developing a product, Isagenix invests many of its resources in conducting multiple analytical and sensory tests on both raw materials and finished products until quality, safety, and efficacy standards are met.
- Commercialization: Products must comply with governmental regulations such as those outlined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Being an international company, Isagenix products must also work with government administrations around the world including Health Canada, Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of Australia, and Ministries of Health (MOH) of Hong Kong and Taiwan. This involves meeting strict requirements on product licensing, labeling and claims.
By following these four phases of development, the Product Innovation and Commercialization Teams at Isagenix ensure that every product developed adheres to the Isagenix no-compromise Ingredient Policy. In each step, the health and wellness of consumers is at the forefront of our thinking to help support success and “real results”.
As it should be, your safety is our first priority at Isagenix. Having safe, effective, no- compromise products means cutting no corners when it comes to selecting and testing raw materials, following the appropriate regulatory guidelines, and verifying that the finished products meet purity and composition standards.
The Isagenix no-compromise Ingredient Policy is extensive and thorough, covering every detail from ingredient sourcing to manufacturing guidelines. By following these principles, Isagenix stands by its products with confidence. After all, quality ingredients could mean the difference between products having no effect on health or delivering amazing results.
At Isagenix, raw materials are only sourced from suppliers with a proven track record of sustainability and exceptional quality. No-compromise quality doesn’t stop after raw materials have been selected. When the ingredients are delivered to the manufacturing facility, there are strict guidelines called current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), which outline how materials are handled. Isagenix works to ensure that all products meet or exceed the highest standards of cGMPs for dietary supplements as outlined by the FDA and other international regulatory boards.
Isagenix policy requires that every raw material that arrives in the manufacturing facilities be immediately quarantined, thoroughly inspected, and tested for:
- Identity (botanicals and phytochemicals)
- Strength and composition
- Organoleptic properties (taste, color, odor, and texture)
Testing to confirm safety and purity of raw materials is very extensive. Rigorous testing is performed for:
- Microbial activity: total aerobic bacterial, yeast and mold, salmonella and E. coli strains, and other bacterial strains
- Pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides
- Heavy metals: all botanicals are tested for the presence of lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic
- PCBs and dioxins: each batch of fish oil is third-party tested to confirm undetectable levels of heavy metals, PCBs, and dioxins
Any raw materials that do not meet these standardized testing methods are rejected or destroyed. In addition to testing raw materials, Isagenix is unique in that we also thoroughly evaluate the efficacy of finished products. This includes re-analyzing the product for identity and purity. Third-party claims testing on vitamin and mineral content is also conducted to ensure that our products fully meet what is stated on the labels.
Finally, stability testing confirms that the strength and composition as indicated on the label of the product is accurate up until at least the expiration date.
There are few other companies that can stand by their quality assurance commitment. By putting this much care into their products, you can rest assured that Isagenix is putting the health of our customers first.