https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/OLI-0720_Healthy-ThaiBrocolliFriedRice_04523_preview-b19843c.jpg 574 768 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-08-04 21:08:092020-08-04 21:08:09Thai-style broccoli fried rice
Thai-style broccoli fried rice
Packed with protein and low in calories, this speedy broccoli rice dish is full of exciting texture and flavour, with punchy chilli, zingy lime, crunchy veg and peanuts
- a large head broccoli stalk chopped and cut into florets
- 2 long shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic shallots
- a thumb-sized piece ginger chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass thinly sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 1 red pepper finely sliced
- a handful mangetout halved
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 lime quartered to serve
- 2 eggs fried (we used Clarence Court Burford Browns)
- a handful roasted peanuts chopped
- Put the chopped broccoli stalk into a food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped like grains of rice. Tip out into a bowl and then repeat with the broccoli florets.
- Put the shallots, garlic, ginger and lemongrass in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the shallot mixture until lightly golden. Tip in the broccoli rice with 2 tbsp of water, ¾ of the chilli and all of the pepper, and fry for 5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked through and beginning to caramelise. Add in the carrot and mangetout.
- Mix together the soy, tamarind, sugar and the juice of two of the lime quarters, then tip this into the pan with a little seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce is coating everything. Divide between two plates and top with the fried eggs, chopped peanuts, remaining chilli and the extra lime wedges for squeezing over.