https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Spiced-autumn-lamb-with-butternut-squash-purée.jpg 247 576 Bob Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Bob Scanland2019-11-22 15:40:392020-05-15 23:46:56Spiced autumn lamb with butternut squash purée
Lamb is often thought of as a springtime food but a few more months out in the pasture gives a fuller flavoured meat. Try this easy spiced lamb dish as a healthier alternative to your Sunday roast.
Spiced autumn lamb with butternut squash purée
- cumin seeds ½ tbsp
- coriander seeds ½ tbsp
- garlic 1 clove crushed
- olive oil
- rack of lamb 2 racks French trimmed
- butternut squash or pumpkin 500g peeled and chopped
- coriander a small handful chopped
- STEP 1
- Crush the spices in a pestle and mortar. Mix together with the garlic and a large slug of olive oil and some seasoning then rub all over the lamb. Leave to sit for half an hour.
- STEP 2
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cook the lamb for 20 minutes for pink then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3
- Meanwhile, steam the squash until tender then whizz in a food processor with a knob of butter and seasoning. Stir in the coriander. Serve 3 cutlets each with some purée.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com