https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/FF_Moroccan_Stuffed_Peppers_preview-494774e.jpg 413 960 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-09-15 15:47:072020-09-15 15:47:42Moroccan-style stuffed peppers
Moroccan-style stuffed peppers
Peppers are incredible. Their sweet flavour and soft texture when roasted pairs beautifully with chickpeas and rose harissa in this classic recipe
- 2 large, or, 4 small red peppers halved
- 150 g couscous
- 300 ml vegetable stock just-boiled
- 400 g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 100 g feta crumbled, plus extra to serve
- 100 g SunBlush tomatoes roughly chopped
- 50 g green olives chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped; plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the peppers on a baking tray, cut-side up. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over the stock. Cover the bowl and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff up the couscous, then stir through the chickpeas, feta, tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, olive oil, coriander and harissa. Season.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and fill with the couscous mixture. Return to the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes. Serve with a little extra feta and coriander.