https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/White-bean-soup-with-bacon.jpg 404 940 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2020-01-31 17:29:482020-05-15 23:47:40White bean soup with bacon
Brighten a miserable day with this healthy cannellini bean soup topped with a sprinkling of bacon, just 54 calories per serving. Serve with crusty bread and butter for the perfect lunch.
White bean soup with bacon
- onion 1 finely chopped
- carrot 1 finely chopped
- olive oil
- garlic 1 clove crushed
- white beans or cannellini 410g tin rinsed and drained
- chicken or veg stock 500ml
- single cream 142ml pot
- streaky bacon 4 rashers finely sliced and fried until crisp
- parsley a few sprigs fried until crisp
- STEP 1
- Fry the onion and carrot in a little oil until soft but not browned, add the garlic and cook for two minutes. Add the beans and cook until warmed through.
- Push all the ingredients through a mouli back into a saucepan and add the stock and cream, bring to a simmer and season.
- Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com