https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Mushroom-and-brown-basmati-pilaf.jpg 404 940 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2020-01-17 22:39:332020-05-15 23:47:31Mushroom and brown basmati pilaf
Our best pilaf recipe is easy as pie and light on the washing up; perfect mid-week. This recipe uses brown rice, mushrooms and cardamon; topped with yogurt and chives.
Mushroom and brown basmati pilaf
- garlic 2 cloves crushed
- onion 1 large halved and sliced
- chestnut mushrooms 250g sliced
- butter 25g
- brown basmati rice 250g
- vegetable stock 500ml hot
- cardamom pods 4 bruised
- natural yoghurt 6 tbsp
- chives a small bunch chopped
- STEP 1
- Fry the garlic, onion and mushrooms in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stock and cardamon, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Mix the yoghurt with chives to serve.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com