https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Sweetcorn-pancakes-with-avocado-salad.jpg 404 940 Bob Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Bob Scanland2019-10-20 18:48:272020-05-15 23:47:13Sweetcorn pancakes with avocado salad
This dish is simple to prepare and makes perfect finger food for a light starter or low fat dinner. Sweetcorn pancakes are topped with a salad of avocado, cherry tomatoes
Sweetcorn pancakes with avocado salad
- plain flour 100g
- baking powder 1 tsp
- egg 1 beaten
- milk 150ml
- sweetcorn 1 large tin about 340g, drained
- spring onions 4 chopped (use the green bits as well)
- avocado 1 cut into small chunks
- cherry tomatoes 150g halved
- cucumber ¼ cut into small chunks
- sunflower oil
- STEP 1
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk and season well. Stir in the sweetcorn and half the spring onion. Mix the rest of the spring onions with the avocado, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 2 tsp oil and cook spoonfuls of the batter until golden. Turn over and cook the other side.
- Put 3-4 pancakes on a plate and serve the avocado salad on top.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com