//abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Dairy-and-Gluten-Free-Vegetable-Lasagne-recipe.jpg 532 800 Andreja Scanland //abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2016-03-18 12:05:442016-03-18 12:05:44Dairy and Gluten-Free Vegetable LasagnePrint
A classic Italian lasagne is always a winner. This roast vegetable version is delicious – and it’s dairy- and gluten-free!
Dairy and Gluten-Free Vegetable Lasagne
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 50 min
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 50 min
- 1 x 200g (7oz) pack gluten-free (rice and corn) lasagne
- 30g (1oz) dairy-free Florentino Parmazano or dairy-free Cheddar-style cheese, grated
For the filling
- 2 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 heads fennel, trimmed, cut into large wedges
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 large courgettes, trimmed and cut into thick slices
- A few sprigs of thyme or a good tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2tsp vegetable bouillon
- 90g (3oz) red lentils
For the cheese sauce
- 60g (2oz) dairy-free soya spread
- 30g (1oz) wheat-free flour mixed with 30g (1oz) pure cornflour
- 1 level tsp mustard powder
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) organic dairy-free soya milk
- 30g (1oz) dairy-free Cheddar-style cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper and grated nutmeg
- To make the lasagne filling, set the oven to hot, 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Mix all the vegetables in a large roasting tin with the herbs, oil and plenty of seasoning. Roast for about 25 mins, then turn them and roast for another 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable bouillon in 550ml (18fl oz) boiling water. Add the lentils and leave them to soak for 30 mins.
- Squeeze roasted garlic on to roasted vegetables. Stir soaked lentils and stock into roasting tin.
- To make the lasagne sauce, melt the spread in a saucepan, add the flour, cornflour and mustard and cook for 1 min. Gradually stir in the soya milk a little at a time. Stir in cheese, bring to the boil and boil for a few minutes. Whisk it well, but don't worry too much about little lumps. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread a third of the lentil, vegetable and stock mixture over the base of a large ovenproof dish. Cover with 4-5 sheets or a layer of lasagne and spread half the cheese sauce over the top. Cover with another third of the lentil/vegetable mix, another layer of pasta, the last of the lentils/vegetables, then rest of sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 45 mins until browned. Leave for 10 mins to settle before serving. Serve the lasagne with green vegetables or salad.
- Most major supermarkets stock a range of gluten-free pasta in their 'free from' section.
Abundant Energy //abundantenergy.ca/