Asparagus and salmon parcels
- 250 g asparagus trimmed
- 2 x 120 g salmon fillets skin removed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 lemon zested and juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp butter
- a handful dill chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 300 g new potatoes halved, large ones quartered
- 75 g frozen peas
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut two 20cm x 20cm squares of baking paper and put each on top of a large piece of foil. Divide the asparagus between the squares of baking paper with the salmon fillets on top and season generously. Divide the garlic, lemon zest and juice, butter, dill and capers, then gather up the sides of the parcels to seal completely. Lift onto a baking tray and put into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the new potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes until tender to the point of a knife, adding the peas to the water for the final minute of cooking, then drain well.
- Serve the potatoes and peas with the salmon, asparagus, all of the buttery juices and more lemon wedges, if you like.