https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/download-1-1.jpg 146 345 Corey https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/abundant_logo-resized.png Corey2020-11-10 18:31:152020-11-10 18:31:15Mushroom stroganoff
Swap beef for porcini and flat mushrooms to create a rich vegetarian version that doesn't compromise on flavour.*This recipe is gluten-free according to industry standards
- 200 g basmati rice
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 flat mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200 ml half-fat soured cream
- a handful of leaves flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Tip the rice into a small lidded pan with 400ml of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, turn down to a very gentle simmer, put on a lid and cook gently for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to steam for another 10 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, put the porcini mushrooms into a small bowl and pour over 150ml of just-boiled water. Heat the oil in a large non- stick frying pan and fry the flat mushrooms and onion for 10 minutes until all of the water has evaporated and everything is beginning to caramelise.
- Add the garlic, paprika and tomato purée, and cook for 1 minute. Meanwhile, drain the porcini, keeping the liquid, and roughly chop. Add to the pan, along with the soaking liquid, turn down the heat to low and cook gently for 10 minutes, adding a splash of water if it’s a little thick. Stir through the soured cream and season.
- Spoon the rice onto plates, spoon the stroganoff over the top, and scatter with parsley.