https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/OLI-0720_Healthy-CajunChickenWraps_04532_preview-f319dd2.jpg 413 960 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-07-24 19:19:432020-07-24 19:19:43Cajun chicken wraps with zingy slaw
Cajun chicken wraps with zingy slaw
Shop-bought cajun seasoning transforms chicken breasts in this fiery, high-protein wrap recipe. Add soured cream, coriander and red cabbage for colour and texture
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced (de-seeded if you don’t like it too spicy)
- a small bunch coriander roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 tbsp half-fat soured cream
- 4 tortilla wraps
- hot sauce to serve
- Put the chicken pieces into a bowl and add the oil, cajun seasoning and lots of salt and pepper. Leave to marinate for a few minutes while you make the slaw.
- Tip the cabbage, onion, chili and coriander into a bowl with a little seasoning, and squeeze over the lime juice. Toss well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot then cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes, tossing regularly, until charred and cooked through.
- Spread 1 tbsp of soured cream onto each wrap, pile on some of the slaw, then top with the chicken pieces. Splash on some hot sauce and serve.