https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/image-1.jpg 750 1000 Corey https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/abundant_logo-resized.png Corey2020-10-09 18:33:352020-10-09 18:33:35Rosemary-Orange Roast Turkey
Rosemary-Orange Roast Turkey
Give this bird a pretty finishing sheen by brushing on savory-sweet marmalade glaze.If you don't like the slightly bitter flavor of marmalade, you can substitute currant jelly for tart, bright flavor.
- 1 12-pound fresh or frozen turkey thawed
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 3 tbsp orange rind grated
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 cups water
- To prepare turkey, remove giblets and neck; reserve for another use. Place turkey on a broiler rack on a broiler pan. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine 3 tablespoons rosemary, rind, salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl. Rub rosemary mixture under loosened skin. Tie ends of legs with kitchen string. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under turkey. Loosely cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or up to 12 hours.
- To prepare glaze, combine marmalade, juice, 1 teaspoon rosemary, vinegar, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 1/4 cup.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator, and pat dry with a paper towel; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Rotate turkey; add 2 cups water to bottom of pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Cook turkey an additional 60 minutes. Remove turkey from oven; baste with reserved 1/4 cup orange mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°. Remove turkey from oven. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 30 to 60 minutes. Carve turkey; drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup orange marmalade mixture.