https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/OLI-1020_Healthy-VegPackedOmlette_06112_preview-7a3418b.jpg 413 960 Corey https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/abundant_logo-resized.png Corey2020-10-06 17:24:412020-10-06 17:24:41Vegetable omelette
Jazz your omelette up with plenty of grated courgette, kale, peas and chilli flakes, then serve alongside cherry tomatoes dressed simply with white wine vinegar (*This recipe is gluten free according to industry standards)
- a handful cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic sliced
- 1 courgette grated
- a handful kale
- 30 g frozen peas
- a pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 eggs beaten
- Tip the cherry tomatoes into a bowl with the white wine vinegar and some seasoning, and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan and cook the garlic for 1 minute until smelling fragrant. Add the courgette and cook for 5 minutes or until all the moisture has evaporated. Add the kale and peas, and cook for 2 minutes until the kale has wilted. Season and stir in the chilli flakes.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Season the beaten eggs then tip into the pan, swirling and lifting the edges so you have a large, flat omelette. Once the bottom has browned and the omelette has almost cooked on top, pile the cooked veg onto one side of the omelette, then carefully fold over the other half.
- Slide onto a plate and serve with the cherry tomatoes alongside.