https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Leon-Fast-Food-Burritos_preview-83d0bd0.jpg 408 960 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-07-28 16:47:522020-07-28 16:47:52Steak burritos
Skirt steak, black beans, pickled jalapeños, feta, avocado and a little cayenne pepper makes for a fantastic burrito filling
- 40 g long-grain or basmati rice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 200 g skirt steak fat trimmed
- oil for frying
- 2 large wraps or flatbreads warmed
- 100 g cooked black beans warmed
- 30 g feta crumbled
- 1 small avocado mashed
- 1/2 spring onion sliced
- a few pickled jalapeños sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- a handful coriander leaves chopped
- Tabasco to taste
- Put the rice in a small pan of salted boiling water and cook following pack instructions until tender. Drain, then keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cumin, oregano, cayenne, garlic, lime juice and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the steak all over. Pour a little oil into a frying pan set over a high heat. Once it’s really hot, cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until deep brown but still a little rare. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl. Pour over the lime juice mixture and leave to rest.
- When ready to assemble the burritos, slice the steak into 1 ½cm-thick strips. Arrange the rice in lines on each wrap, leaving space at the bottom to fold up and enclose the fillings later. Divide the black beans, feta, steak strips and avocado, if using, between the wraps. Arrange all the remaining fillings and coriander leaves on top. Douse everything generously with hot sauce, then tightly wrap up each burrito, tucking up the wrap at the bottom before rolling from the side, so that the filling doesn’t fall out or drip.