https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/squashcurry-d44e1fe.jpg 413 960 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-08-01 00:03:552020-08-01 00:03:55Chickpea and squash coconut curry
Chickpea and squash coconut curry
This chickpea and squash coconut curry is a great healthy, vegetarian midweek meal. If you can get it, Alpro coconut milk alternative has less saturated fat and fewer calories than regular coconut milk as it's made with a rice milk base
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli diced
- groundnut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400 g butternut squash peeled and diced
- 400 g tin chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 400 ml half-fat coconut milk or alpro coconut milk alternative
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g baby spinach
- 1 lime plus wedges to serve
- Put the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into a small food processor and blend to a paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan and fry the paste for a few minutes with a pinch of salt, then add the spices, and fry for another minute before adding the squash and chickpeas.
- Mix with the spices, then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the squash softens and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the spinach until wilted, and squeeze in the lime juice to serve.