https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/image.jpg 750 1000 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-10-08 20:26:552020-10-08 20:26:55Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Gastrique
Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Gastrique
The gastrique, a tangy-sweet glaze, is Thanksgiving worthy but also simple enough to pull off on a weekday.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/3-inch rounds
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3/8 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp fresh marjoram leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place sweet potatoes and 2 teaspoons salt in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Combine syrup and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; simmer 4 minutes or until slightly thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and pepper.
- Coat an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in a shingle pattern in dish. Top with syrup mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and marjoram. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove from oven. Spoon sauce over potatoes; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.