https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Vegan-Choc-cheesecakeV2-f10e59e-scaled-1.jpg 574 768 Corey https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/abundant_logo-resized.png Corey2020-10-13 18:16:312020-10-13 18:16:31Vegan chocolate cheesecake
Vegan chocolate cheesecake
Top a fudgy Oreo biscuit base with silken tofu and dark chocolate for a rich, plant-based cheesecake
- 154 g pack of Oreos
- 30 g vegan butter or margarine melted
- 340 g dark chocolate (most chocolate over 60% cacao contains no milk but be sure to check the label) Chopped
- 60 ml deodorised coconut oil
- 350 g extra-firm silken tofu
- 4 tbsp icing sugar sifted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 200 ml plant milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch sea salt flakes
- Line the base and sides of a deep 20cm springform cake tin.
- To make the base, roughly crush the Oreos in a food processor or by putting in a sandwich bag and crushing with a rolling pin. Tip into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix. Cover the base of the prepared cake tin with the Oreo mixture, pressing to compact. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring frequently.
- While the chocolate melts, put the silken tofu, sugar, lemon juice, plant milk and cocoa powder into a high-speed blender and whizz until completely smooth. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the blender and whizz again.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the chilled Oreo base and chill for at least 3 hours. Once set, sprinkle with a few sea salt flakes before slicing and serving.