This one pot stew is easy, healthy and ready in just 30 minutes – perfect for a midweek supper. Try experimenting with different types of beans to see which you prefer.
Leek, chicken and white bean stew
- onion 1 sliced
- garlic 1 clove crushed
- skinless chicken thigh fillets 4 cut into chunks
- leeks 2 chopped
- chicken stock fresh made up to 150ml
- white beans (butter about 400g
- curly parsley 1 bunch chopped
- STEP 1
- Heat a little oil in a casserole and fry the onion for about 4 minutes until soft but not browned. Add the garlic, chicken and leeks and stir until the chicken is browned. Add the stock and bring to a simmer, cook for 8 minutes or until the leeks are tender and the chicken is cooked. Stir in the beans and heat then stir in the parsley and season well.