This easy carrot soup is seasoned with bay leaves and honey and topped with mint and basil crème fraîche. Make a little extra and heat up the leftovers for a tasty lunch at the office.
Roasted carrot soup with herb crème fraîche
- onion 1 cut into wedges
- carrots 800g peeled and roughly chopped
- bay leaf 1
- runny honey 1 tsp
- vegetable or chicken stock 2 litres
- crème fraîche 200ml
- mint basil or chervil chopped to make 4 tbsp (use any one or a mix of 2 or 3)
- STEP 1
- Heat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6 and put the onions and carrots in a roasting tin with a few knobs of butter. Roast for 30 minutes or until the veg are tinged brown.
- Tip into a pan, add the bay leaf, honey and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until the carrots are very tender, then remove the bay and whizz the lot in a blender until smooth.
- Sieve if you’d like it really smooth. Season and keep warm.
- STEP 2
- Mix the crème fraîche and herbs and season. Serve the soup with quenelles of herbed crème fraîche.