https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/OLI-0919_Healthy-SuperSeedySalad_33282-f7f0a53.jpg 404 940 Bob Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Bob Scanland2019-10-07 16:24:402020-05-15 23:46:21Super-seedy salad with tahini dressing
This veggie salad recipe is packed with prebiotic goodness from the resistant starch in the seeds and finished with a tangy tahini-yogurt dressing
Super-seedy salad with tahini dressing
Our gut-friendly recipe also uses sourdough as it’s easy on the gut. Although made using a fermented starter, much of the beneficial bacteria is lost during the baking process. However, because fermentation starts to break down the flour proteins it’s a much easier bread to digest.
- stale sourdough 1 slice torn into chunks
- mixed seeds 50g
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- coriander seeds 1 tsp
- dried chilli flakes a good pinch
- spray oil
- baby kale 50g
- long-stemmed broccoli 75g blanched for a few minutes then roughly chopped
- red onion ½ thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes 100g halved
- flat-leaf parsley ½ a small bunch torn
- natural yogurt 100ml
- tahini 1 tbsp
- lemon 1 juiced
- STEP 1
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the bread into a food processor and pulse into very rough breadcrumbs. Put into a bowl with the mixed seeds and spices, season, and spray well with oil. Tip onto a non-stick baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring and tossing regularly, until deep golden brown. Cool.
- STEP 2
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, some seasoning and a splash of water in a large bowl. Tip the baby kale, broccoli, red onion, cherry tomatoes and flat-leaf parsley into the dressing, and mix well. Divide between 2 plates and top with the crispy breadcrumbs and seeds.
Adapted from livemagazine.com