https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/5a507eff6911b28d79e856d0d55d02a6.jpg 616 474 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-05-22 22:20:572020-07-06 17:25:47Spicy lentil burgers
Spicy lentil burgers
Check out this quick and easy vegan burger recipe with spicy lentils. Ready in just 30 minutes, these punchy patties make a super simple summer recipe for four
- 2 tsp vegetable oil plus a little extra for frying
- 2 red onions 1½, finely chopped; ½, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 400 g tins brown lentils drained, rinsed, then drained again
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 seeded burger buns halved and toasted
- 4 tsp mango chutney
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- coriander leaves (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and gently cook the finely chopped red onions with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes or until really soft. Add the garlic and ginger pastes and curry powder, and continue to cook gently for 2 minutes. Tip out into a bowl.
- Put the lentils into a food processor and pulse until roughly blended but not too smooth. Tip out into the onion bowl, add some seasoning and mix well. Add the flour and stir well to combine. Using slightly wet hands, form the mix into 4 equal-sized patties. Put into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the sliced red onion into a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Leave for 5 minutes then drain well and add the vinegar and some seasoning.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the lentil burgers for 4 minutes on each side or until caramelised. Put onto the bases of each bun, top with some mango chutney, lettuce leaves, a tomato slice, a pile of the pickled onions, a few coriander leaves and the bun top.