https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/TSN_Tomato_Harissa_Tartine_preview-0356c94.jpg 413 960 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-09-22 18:32:342020-09-22 18:32:34Slow-roasted tomato and harissa tartine
Slow-roasted tomato and harissa tartine
Something magical happens inside the oven with this recipe – the tomato flavour intensifies ten-fold to the point where it’s almost jam-like
- 6 large & ripe plum tomatoes halved
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2-3 sprigs thyme leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ball burrata
- 4 thin slices sourdough toasted
- 2 tbsp rose harissa or regular harissa
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the tomato halves in a bowl with the garlic, thyme and olive oil, then season – toss to make sure the tomatoes are well coated. Scatter over the lined tray, cut-side up, and roast in the oven for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- To serve, spread the burrata on the toast, then spoon on some of the harissa. Top with the roasted tomatoes, then sprinkle over a little more thyme to serve.
Slow cooker instructions
- Put the tomato halves in your slow cooker, along with the garlic, thyme and olive oil, then season. Toss to make sure they are well coated, then make sure they’re all cut-side up. Put on the lid and cook on the high setting for 2 hours. Then follow step 3 as above.