https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Slimming-Worlds-chicken-and-potato-curry-recipe-1.jpg 526 800 Andreja Scanland https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/abundant_logo-resized.png Andreja Scanland2016-01-27 12:01:382020-05-15 23:40:01Slimming World's Chicken and Potato Curry
This delicious Slimming World’s chicken and potato curry is so simple to make and guilt-free too making it the perfect Saturday night alternative to a takeaway.
Slimming World's Chicken and Potato Curry
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 794 g 1lb 12oz skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 170 g 6oz baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp medium or hot curry powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A large handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder, stir to mix well. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 397ml (14fl oz) of water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 mins, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Remove from the heat and season well with salt and black pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.
Using cheaper cuts of chicken like leg and thighs, will help to make this chicken curry less expensive.