https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/download-1-best.jpg 194 260 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-07-14 13:58:212020-07-14 13:58:21Pan-fried salmon with watercress sauce
Pan-fried salmon with watercress sauce
Serve your summery fried salmon with a vibrant (and nutritious) watercress sauce, made all the more interesting with dill, lemon, crème fraîche and capers
- 90 g watercress
- a handful dill
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sunflower oil
- 2 salmon skin-on fillets
- a knob unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- boiled new potatoes to serve
- steamed green veg (such as long-stemmed broccoli) to serve
- Put the watercress, most of the dill, all the crème fraîche, lemon juice and zest, black pepper, olive oil and a pinch of salt into a blender and whizz until a saucy, pourable consistency – add a tbsp of water if seems too thick. Chill while you cook the salmon.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a mediumhigh heat. Coat the salmon fillets with a little sunflower oil and season generously. Put into the pan, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp. Carefully turn, then cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the butter and basting for another minute, adding the capers and removing from the heat to rest for a minute.
- Put the salmon and capers onto two plates, spoon over the watercress sauce and serve with new potatoes and green veg, if you like.