https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/download-2.jpg 194 260 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-07-21 15:16:402020-07-21 15:16:40Mexican elotes
This is a classic way to eat corn in Mexico, and is usually bought from street vendors. Mexican crema is similar to soured cream, but saltier and creamier – perfect for cooling the fiery chilli powder in this recipe
- 50 g butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- cayenne pepper
- 6 ears corn on the cob husks removed
- 50 g cotija or feta cheese
- a small bunch coriander chopped
- lime wedges to serve
- 100 g soured cream
- 50 g double cream
- To make the crema, mix the soured cream and double cream with 1/4 tsp salt. Cover, and leave at room temperature for 3 hours. Keep out if using straight away, or chill and keep for up to 3 days.
- Light the barbecue, and wait until the coals are grey and the flames have died down. Meanwhile heat the butter with the garlic and a pinch of cayenne in a small pan until melted, and season. Char the cobs for 10-15 minutes, continually turning, until the kernels are tender and lightly charred all over.
- Brush the cobs with the melted butter, then spread the crema over evenly. Crumble over the cotija and sprinkle with a good pinch of cayenne pepper. Scatter with coriander and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.