http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lemon-Cheese-Polenta-Cakes-recipe.jpg 527 800 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2016-03-22 12:35:102016-03-22 12:36:03Lemon Cheese Polenta CakesPrint
This quick cake recipe with a cream cheese and lemon filling is like a small Italian cheesecake. It’s perfect for afternoon tea and is also gluten-free!
Lemon Cheese Polenta Cakes
Write a review
- 1 lemon
- 90g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp
- 90g (3oz) coarse polenta (found in most supermarkets)
- 90g (3oz) ground almonds
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 10 patty tins lined with small squares of Bakewell paper
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160°C. Pare strips of rind from the lemon and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, then mix in the polenta, ground almonds and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Roll into a cylinder and cut into 10 slices. Roll each portion into a ball, put in the cases and make a thumb-mark depression in each. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Leave in the tins for 10 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, cut the lemon parings into fine shreds. Put 2 tbsp sugar with 3 tbsp cold water in a small pan and simmer until the sugar dissolves, then add the lemon shreds and cook for 4 mins until just softening. Leave in the syrup to cool.
- Soften the cheese and beat in the lemon curd. Put spoonfuls of lemon cheese on each cake and decorate with lemon strands.
- Polenta can vary in texture. the coarse is slightly gritty, so if you prefer, use medium, but not the fine, as this will make the cakes dry
Abundant Energy http://abundantenergy.ca/