https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/download-2.jpg 146 345 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-06-08 22:15:512020-06-08 22:15:51Honey sesame chicken with long-stemmed broccoli
Honey sesame chicken with long-stemmed broccoli
Slather hunks of tender chicken breast in a sweet, sharp sauce and pair with leafy greens for a protein-rich meal
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 spring onions cut into 3cm pieces
- 300 g long-stemmed broccoli trimmed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and fry the chicken breast pieces with lots of seasoning for 5 minutes or until starting to turn golden, then add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornflour and rice vinegar, then add the remaining sauce ingredients along with 100ml of water. Tip this into the pan along with the spring onion pieces and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Cook the broccoli in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, then drain well. Divide the broccoli between two plates then pile on the chicken and sauce, and scatter over the sesame seeds.