https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/cq5dam.thumbnail.400.400.png 400 400 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-05-22 17:19:052020-05-22 21:54:26Greek chicken skewers with hummus and pittas
Greek chicken skewers with hummus and pittas
Create your own mini Mediterranean spread with zesty oregano chicken skewers, creamy hummus and warm pittas
- 2 wholemeal pittas
- 100 g hummus
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 4cm cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- dried chilli flakes a pinch
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 110 g baby leaf salad bag
- cherry tomatoes a handful, sliced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- cucumber ¼, sliced
- red pepper ½, sliced
- Put the chicken into a bowl, season really well, add the olive oil, oregano and chilli flakes, and toss well. Spear the chicken pieces equally between 4 metal skewers.
- Heat the grill to high and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until charred and cooked through. Squeeze over the lemon juice.
- For the salad, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar with a little seasoning in a large bowl, then tip in the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve the chicken stuffed into pittas with hummus and the salad.