http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Ginger-Polenta-Cake-recipe-1.jpg 532 800 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2016-03-22 12:53:232016-03-22 12:53:45Ginger Polenta CakePrint
Ginger gives this gorgeous gluten-free cake a delicious kick. Enjoy it over a cuppa with friends
Ginger Polenta Cake
Write a review
For the cake
- 250g (8oz) butter, softened
- 250g (8oz) dark brown sugar
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 4 medium eggs
- 250g (8oz) fine polenta (cornmeal)
- 100g (3½ oz) ground almonds
- 1 level tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
For the topping
- 6 pieces stem ginger
- 2 tbsp ginger syrup (from stem ginger jar)
- Beat the butter, sugar, ginger and salt together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and fold in the polenta, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Spoon the mixture into a 26 x 16.5cm (10¼ in x 6½ in) traybake tin, lined with baking parchment, and level the surface.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 45-60 mins at 170°C (325°F, gas mark 3), or until the cake is a light golden colour and feels just firm to the touch in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the stem ginger into long strips and scatter over the cake. Spoon the stem-ginger syrup over the top.
- Leave the cake to cool completely and then cut into squares.
- Love ginger? Fresh, grated ginger will give this cake more of a kick!
Abundant Energy http://abundantenergy.ca/