//abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Olive_Seasonal_ConfitGarlicRoastedTomatoesToast-520c4ab.jpg 404 940 Corey //abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2019-09-17 08:50:522019-09-10 22:55:59Confit garlic with roasted tomatoes on toastPrint
Mornings in Spain often start with ‘pan con tomate’ (toast slathered with tomato and garlic purée). Use British tomatoes in this deconstructed version
Confit garlic with roasted tomatoes on toast
Write a review
- garlic 4 whole bulbs
- thyme 6 sprigs
- olive oil 400ml
- cherry tomatoes 300g, halved
- sourdough 4 slices, toasted
- STEP 1
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Cut the garlic bulbs horizontally across the tops, so that all of the cloves are revealed, and sit them snugly into a small, deep roasting tin. Add the thyme sprigs and a generous pinch of salt, and pour over the oil until the bulbs are nearly submerged, adding a little more if needed. Cook for an hour or until the cloves are really soft.
- STEP 2
- Put the cherry tomatoes cut-side up into a roasting tin and sprinkle with salt. Put into the oven for the final 25 minutes of the garlic’s cooking time.
- STEP 3
- Use a spatula to lift the garlic bulbs from the oil and cool slightly. Squeeze the cloves from their skins onto the toasted sourdough and pile on the tomatoes, along with a little of the garlic-perfumed oil (keep the rest for cooking – it will keep for two weeks in the fridge).
Abundant Energy //abundantenergy.ca/