http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Chocolate-and-Hazelnut-Cake-recipe.jpg 532 800 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2016-03-22 12:41:582016-03-22 12:42:36Chocolate and Hazelnut CakePrint
Can’t imagine making a cake without flour? Ground nuts are the perfect substitute in this scrumptious gluten-free chocolate extravaganza
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake
Write a review
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 40 min
- 300g (10½ oz) plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 200g (7oz) whole blanched hazelnuts
- 150g (5oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs, separated
- 3tbsp crème fraîche
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Chocolate curls, for decorating
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool. Whizz the nuts in a processor until they look like coarse breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating as you go. Stir in the melted chocolate, crème fraîche and nuts.
- Whisk the egg whites until quite firm. Fold into the cake mixture. Tip the mixture into a 20cm (8in) square loose-based tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) for 40 mins.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack. Remove from the tin, dust with cocoa powder and decorate with chocolate curls.
- Remember this is a very rich recipe: a little goes a long way!
Abundant Energy http://abundantenergy.ca/