http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Borlotti-Bean-Bake-recipe.jpg 527 800 Andreja Scanland http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Andreja Scanland2016-03-21 12:16:572016-03-21 12:53:23Borlotti Bean BakePrint
This cheesy borlotti bean, chilli and pine nut bake goes well with gluten-free pasta for a tasty dinner that’s wheat-free.
Borlotti Bean Bake
Write a review
- 200g gluten-free pasta shapes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 425g can borlotti beans, well drained
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 40g pine nuts
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch or two of dried chilli flakes
- 350ml double cream
- 1 x 10g gluten-free vegetable stock cube
- 200g mozzarella cheese, sliced or 50g Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Green salad with rocket and onion, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Cook the pasta for half the time stated on the pack. Drain well. Toss in the olive oil to stop the pasta sticking together.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, lemon zest, pine nuts, parsley and chilli in a bowl and mix well. Add the pasta to the bean mixture.
- Place the cream and stock cube in a small pan, bring to the boil, whisk well to dissolve the cube, then pour over the bean mixture and stir well. Taste, then season if needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a 28 x 28 x 4cm baking dish. Top with the sliced mozzarella or grated Parmesan, if using, and cook for 20-25 mins or until well browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool for 5 mins before eating, or it will be too hot! Serve with a green salad with plenty of onion and rocket.
- This recipe is taken from Seriously Good! Gluten-free Cooking by Phil Vickery (Kyle Cathie, £19.99) with photography by Steve Lee, available from Amazonwww.vickery.tv
- Phil says: 'The secret is to lightly cook the pasta, then finish cooking it in the oven. You can cover it with mozzarella or Parmesan for a cheesy topping. Or just pop it in the oven without any cheese for a crunchy topping.'
Abundant Energy http://abundantenergy.ca/