https://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/25449.jpg 574 768 Corey http://abundantenergy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/abundant-energy-logo-black.png Corey2020-05-19 18:37:502020-07-06 17:25:48No-bake vegan flapjacks
No-bake vegan flapjacks
These dairy-free breakfast bars use dates and nut butter to hold together. Experiment with different seeds and nuts in your next batch of flapjacks, and use agave for a vegan version.
- 160 g soft dates chopped
- 60 g smooth peanut or almond butter
- 40 g agave syrup (use honey for a non-vegan version)
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 100 g porridge oats
- 50 g roasted peanuts or almonds roughly chopped
- Blitz the dates in a food processor until finely chopped and they’ve come together into a ball/paste. Add 1 tbsp boiling water if they aren’t sticking. Heat the nut butter and honey very gently in a pan until it becomes a smooth, pourable mix.
- Stir all the remaining ingredients and the dates in a large bowl, then pour over the nut butter and honey mix. Mix really well (kneading with your hands to break up the dates) until everything is evenly distributed.
- Line a 20cm square tin or container with baking parchment, and tip the mix in. Press the mixture into the sides and pack down with the back of a spoon. Cover and chill for 20 minutes, before cutting into bars. Keep the bars in the fridge or in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze and thaw overnight at room temperature if you want to keep them longer.
Adapted from olivemagazine.com